Monday, June 28, 2010

Papertrey Pals 4th of July Challenge

For the most recent Papertrey Pal's challenge, Ingrid from the Papertrey Pals challenged us to use red, white and blue colors as well as stars in our projects. Such a perfect challenge with 4th of July coming up soon!

Here is the card I made for the challenge, Let Freedom Ring.


One of my favorite images to use in cardmaking are stars, so naturally I love making 4th of July cards! Not to mention, it is our country's most important holiday too.

The background stars and sentiment were stamped with PTI Let Freedom Ring. The main star image was stamped with PTI Text Boxed. I just received the set from an online seller, and this is my first time trying it out. It is so versatile and I can tell already that it will be used a lot!

Here's a close up.


I was very happy to find a blue button with stripes in it in my stash! And notice the white corrugated paper? I dug up my Fiskars corrugator tool to make the background texture. It's a fun way to add a little extra dimension. The poppy ink was kind of distressed a little to add interest.

Here's the card once more.


I had a lot of fun making this card and it's got me excited for the 4th, which is one of my favorite holidays. Do you have any plans yet for the 4th? We are still trying to work out the final plans, but my mom is going to see Lee Greenwood in concert. She's a huge fan. ;) Have a sunny day!

ETA: Thanks so much to the CARDS blog, for featuring this card in their 4th of July challenge!

All supplies are Papertrey Ink unless otherwise listed.
Stamps: Let Freedom Ring, Text Boxed
Ink: Pure Poppy, Versamark
Paper: White, Kraft 
Other: Red Poppy Baker's Twine, Enchanted Evening button, Stampendous clear EP, Clear rhinestones

20 comments:

Liz said...

This is a fabulous card Monica! I love the baker's twine. Completely finishes it off :)

Ted said...

Great card, Monica! Loving the baker's twine and the corrugated paper behind the focal image. :) I, too, chose Kraft paper for my 4th of July card. Yours turned out fantastic!

Gayatri said...

Beautiful Monica! I like the star background in the centre.Baker's twine is lovely.Nice texture with the crimper. Love your card.

Laurie said...

Wow! I really like this Monica!! That new twine is perfect for this card! The corrugated paper is really cute! TFS!

Cathy Weber said...

I love so many of the elements on this card Monica. I especially like the corrugated background mat. The curvy way you made the let freedom ring sentiment almost looks like a flag flying in the breeze. Great job on the challenge.

Tammy said...

What a wonderful card Monica! I love the corrugated paper, the baker's twine with the button, and that wavy sentiment. So many great elements on such a clean card.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Monica, love the stars in the background...looks gorgeous!

Sue Ann said...

Great card ....... I hope I can get back to the challenges in our group .... love that bakers twine. Oh how I wish my package would get here!!!

Linda said...

A really great card. Fabulous, the way you thought everything out. Love the corrugated paper, the baker's twine and the striped button. Now if I can just get Martina McBride out of my head. But that's a good sound!!

Debbie Gaydos said...

Ahhh, love this!! I guess I'd better add that Baker's Twine to my wishlist, it's perfect here! lol

Rhonda said...

Simply CUTE! Love the button.

Nadine said...

Excellent job on the challenge Monica! You definitely have the patriotic feel of the challenge! Love all the details here - the corrugated layer, striped twine, and the wavy sentiment. Gorgeous!!

Heidi said...

Monica this is a great card! I love the details and clean look of it. The baker's string really finishes the card.

Diane Jaquay said...

Cute card Monica, love the layering!

Anika said...

Simply gorgeous! Love it!

Vicki said...

Hi Monika, so nice of you to stop by my blog, not had much time to craft lately but managed the challenge at "A Passion for Papertrey" and that I certainly do....lol Loving your card it's fab, I just love the red, white and blue colour theme.

x x

Vicki said...

Oh no!.... Sorry for the miss spelling :(

Amy Kolling said...

Love your 4th card! Love the twine used here !

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Fantastic card. I love how you used the crimped piece in the background and how your sentiment stands out from the card. TFS!

Sally Watkins said...

Great card! Love the star strip on the kraft layer. Congrats on Cards Blog feature.

Related Posts with Thumbnails